Feeling Distant

Go down

Feeling Distant

Post  Zane on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

For when you are feeling distant from truth, faith or anything.
Zane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling Distant

Post  Dragon Tamer on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 pm

It happens to just about everyone sometimes, where you feel like your heart's just not in it anymore, whatever "it" may be. Or it seems like whatever you want to do just isn't doable, or at least isn't working. You find yourself feeling empty, wondering what the point of it all is.

The good news is that the first thing to do in solving such a problem is to seriously consider, "What is the point?" For instance, the situation you've talked about, with going to church. One must ask what the purpose of going to church is. The answer, ideally, is to worship God and to spend time in fellowship with other believers.

Next you want to consider the obstacles you are facing, and how they would best be handled. You mentioned earlier that crowds bother you, and we discussed some possible solutions on "Footprints in the Sand," such as starting with a smaller gathering or focusing on just a few people (or better yet, God).

Then comes the part where it really gets personal: Commitment. When an athlete takes up a sport, sooner or later he's got to decide if success is worth the training and effort that it's going to take. The same is true here; you've got to decide if you're willing to go out of your way in order to strengthen your relationship with God. And that's something no one can decide for you; you've ultimately got to make up your own mind.

And finally, what some find to be the hardest part: follow-through. You'll be going through steps 1-3 several times, in all probability, because those challenges will hit you again and again. It's like learning to ride a bike or rollerskate. Every time you fall down, you have to either re-commit yourself, get up, and try again, or else drop your gear and walk away. It always helps (big tip here) to have someone alongside you to encourage you and help you get back up again. But ultimately, the follow-through is up to you.
Dragon Tamer
Admin

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zane on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm

well, i want to get close to god and i want to be close to god. but collage and work is coming up, people can find time and what not. But Im not the brightest cookie in the jar. im a little behind and i realy need to study soo that wil take up a lot of my time.. and the step to have someone beside you the whole way i donthave some one to stand beside...
Zane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tamer on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Yes, college does have a way of pushing God out of the way. If I might offer a suggestion, look up the Word of Life Bible Institute or another Bible college, and spend at least a year at one of those before you go anywhere else. I've never been anywhere but Word of Life, but I will say from experience that it is an excellent place to develop the kind of habits, insights, and relationships that will help you thrive as a believer, from daily Bible study to fellowship in a variety of settings and group sizes. I can think of no better place to be.
Dragon Tamer
Admin

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zane on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:53 pm

A christian collage? thre i none here. if you wanna be christian or religiouse in any way, you have to do it in your own time... thre are a few chritian and catholic primary schools but they dont realyteach you anything...
Zane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down