InterHaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writers Block

4 posters

Go down

Writers Block Empty Writers Block

Post  Croclover95 Fri May 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Hello, Croclover95 here.

i would like help with a problem that has been acting up on me for almost a year now: Writers Block. Ever since August of last year, I haven't been able to write a word of story onto ANYTHING. I have been trying to get back on track but I'm at my wits end, I'm starting to run out of rope. I think what I may have is "Shock Block", meaning something happened that was so sudden and so horrible(Fits August last year pretty well) that it just shocked you into writers block. I really need some help on this one.

God Bless,
Crocluva95

Croclover95

Back to top Go down

Writers Block Empty Re: Writers Block

Post  Dragon Tamer Sat May 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Well, one thing to try is structuring what you write around a theme or moral. For example, I was recently working on a story about a black cat who wanted to know why everyone thought she was bad luck (she knew it had to do with her fur, but wanted to know why they would fear/hate her at all). The story was originally going to end with her simply finding out that sin is the root of fear in the world, even unjustified fear such as superstition. But such an ending left me in a quandary, because simply having her know the reason seemed inadequate.

Then, looking back at the theme (of man's fall into sin and how it plays into the Gospel) I realized that she could remedy her own problem much as Jesus remedied the problem of sin: through an act of self-sacrificing love. I won't say what it was since I intend to publish the book, but the point I'm getting at is that if your story has a centralized theme, it might be easier to pull it together.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
Admin

https://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RomiX Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:43 pm

May I introduce you: creative crisis. Chronical sickness of artists, engineers, scientists and all others who have to make something. Especially hard in ages 15 - 20 where it gets it' s worst form: The "I dun'nt wana". People try to drug themselves, or search new emotions and impressions (drug)
In my personal opinion it's all fault of lazyness. Since june 2011 I didn't do anything decent. No lazers, relsotrons or cool art (false , there were some drawings).I am searching for a cure. Doing nothing.
RomiX
RomiX

http://www.digger.do.am

Back to top Go down

Post  Skulblaka_Shur'tugal Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Have somebody tell you just how well you write. That'll help.
Skulblaka_Shur'tugal
Skulblaka_Shur'tugal

http://www.nasa.gov/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum