Asking fir a prayer

Go down

Asking fir a prayer

Post  Silwer on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:56 pm

The wind rustled the trees. The night had its grasp on the seaside campsite. The day had been filled with laughter and play. All seemed well as dusk crept over the sky.

But when the calm silence of the evening hour ensued, sad tidings spread among the counselors. One of them had lost a friend to deaths hold.

He walks around in the night, trying to calm and ease his mind. Whispers can be heard from rooms where campers are supposed to be sleeping, unknowing of the sadness that is within their elders.

The normally happy, cheerful, and talkative man is now silent. His face betrays only a small portion of the feelings inside him…I know he cries inside…
He didn’t deserve this…all week he has been an incredible resourceful friend and colleague… Always helping when asked, without question, or asking for anything in return…

His friends are here for him, I think he knows it, he just needs some time alone with his thoughts. I understand why…
I want to go to him, talk to him, hug him and tell him it’s alright. But it’s not the right time, and it’s not true…not yet.

When you have known a guy for as long as you can remember, his family a second family to you, you feel their pain, you want to help them. But you do not always know how.

Tomorrow is the last full day of camp. Sunday we go home. He says he wants to keep up his work with us the way he has this past week. I admire him greatly for it.

I can only hope that time will mend the wounds, and that his friend will find peace in the hands of our Lord.

“For he is our shepherd, and we are his lambs. In his divine wisdom, he cares for us, and helps us through our hardships, that we may live, and grow.”

Tobias

(Wrote this a few nights ago when a fellow counselor got news of his old friends death)

Silwer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Asking fir a prayer

Post  Dragon Tamer on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Wow, that's... that's pretty heavy.

I wish I'd managed to get online sooner. I would have mentioned this at my church's prayer meeting.
Dragon Tamer
Admin

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tamer on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:36 pm

How's your friend doing?
Dragon Tamer
Admin

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down