Taking Good Notes

Go down

Taking Good Notes

Post  Dragon Tamer on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am

Everyone has a different way of taking notes, but I've personally found this one to be pretty useful. The underscores are just to space the different bullet points appropriately from the edge.

I. Main topic or point. (Example: Animals)
___A. Sub-heading. (Example: Common Characteristics of Animals.)
______1. Item listed under A. (Example: All animals respire oxygen and produce carbon dioxide.)
_________a. Sub-point of 1. (example: gills)
_________b. Sub-point of 1. (example: lungs)
______2. Second item listed under A. (Example: All animals eat.)
___B. Second sub-heading. (Example: Different Kinds of Animals.)
II. Second major topic or point. (Example: Plants)

This is a practical system that's easy to organize and can be as detailed or as basic as you want. I'm pretty sure it's based on Cliff's Notes, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it always works well for me.
avatar
Dragon Tamer
Admin

Posts : 216
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Good Notes

Post  Question on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:09 am

I usually just write down "Key" points of what the teacher throws at ya'.
avatar
Question

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Good Notes

Post  Dragon Tamer on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Question wrote:I usually just write down "Key" points of what the teacher throws at ya'.
That's an effective approach when the teacher talks fast. But when you have the time, it's always better to get as thorough notes as possible, or to expand on your notes later.
avatar
Dragon Tamer
Admin

Posts : 216
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Good Notes

Post  Question on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:06 pm

Dragon Tamer wrote:
Question wrote:I usually just write down "Key" points of what the teacher throws at ya'.
That's an effective approach when the teacher talks fast. But when you have the time, it's always better to get as thorough notes as possible, or to expand on your notes later.
Sadly they usually don't give us time. They rush us very quickly.
avatar
Question

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Good Notes

Post  Dragon Tamer on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:26 am

That's too bad. At Word of Life they go out of their way to make it easy for the students. They give everyone fill-in-the-blanks notes, project everything up on a screen, and video record the classes for later reference in case anyone needs to have it slower (or wants to hear the teacher at double-speed like a chipmunk. lol).
avatar
Dragon Tamer
Admin

Posts : 216
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Good Notes

Post  Question on Sun May 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Dragon Tamer wrote:That's too bad. At Word of Life they go out of their way to make it easy for the students. They give everyone fill-in-the-blanks notes, project everything up on a screen, and video record the classes for later reference in case anyone needs to have it slower (or wants to hear the teacher at double-speed like a chipmunk. lol).
Ah Lucky XDD
avatar
Question

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Good Notes

Post  Dragon Tamer on Sun May 08, 2011 6:15 pm

If you're having trouble keeping track, you might ask the teacher after calss for a copy of the lesson notes or some clarification. Failing that, try investing in a tape recorder and some blank tapes. I doubt the teacher will mind you putting that on his desk during class. If nothing else it'll show you really want to do well. It might even remind him to go slower.
avatar
Dragon Tamer
Admin

Posts : 216
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile http://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Good Notes

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum