InterHaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic first aid

3 posters

Go down

Basic first aid Empty Basic first aid

Post  RomiX Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:10 pm

So, I wish that there would be no situation in which you'll have to apply this, but if there's a case, then ATTENTION!
No internet advices will do as well as training courses and those not as well as expierience. So don't think that after reading this you're a cualified doctor.

Today's theme:

HELP YOURSELF WITH THE WOUNDS

Imagine you 're home alone for the next week, and you live in Tmutarakan, or somewhere else in the middle of nowhere, and you got wounded/burnt/frozen (Adopted). Here are some instrucions in this case.

YOU GOT CUT
Imagine, you were making your supper, and instead of cutting the bread you cut your hand. Have seen your blood and got scared thinking that it's gonna leave your body...Usually peeps start to close their wound with a hand and shout loudly. C'mon you should be tough and not do like that (I'm not about the tears, actually, those help to disinfect the wounds...So I've heard). So, stop the bloodspill. Pick a CLEAN piece of cotton, and close the wound with that. WAit 10-15 minutes , and look if the blood is still dropping. If no, you're done. If yes, then (if you got) put some H2O2 on the cotton, and the cotton where it belongs (on the wound, XD). You should ask your parents where it is and how it's used.

If when you see the blood you start to panic, then ask someone to help. Feel free to ask, but don't get hidden somewhere like some young kids unfortunately do.

If your wound is deep, and bleeds a lot, smudge some alcohol (whisky, or vodka, cuz those have only distilled water and alchohol in them, but not the liquors, not even with a high % of alcohol in it) on THE SIDES of the WOUND, put a cotton pillow on it, and swathe it tightly. If you cant swathe it, then close the wound, and lift the wounded member above your chest level. Don't worry if ya put a bad bandage, it's almost impossible to make a good one in hurry, and in a first try. Don't be afraid if the blood wets the bandage, it'll stop doing that soon, and nothing is going to remind you what happened.

The good bandage:

1: Starts from a thin place, going slightly to the thick.
2:One bandage should overpass the other like 1.5cms. (half an inch will do good)
3:It should be tight, and it should close the wound, but you should feel your body below that bandage.

If you got cut and the blood that's dropping is ARTERIAL (Easilly recognised: it's bright red) The bloodspill should be stopped as soon as possible.
To do that, press with your finger the arteria above the wound, swathe it, and/or tie it with something (a cord, a rubber gum, a rope...)

What should you NOT do if you got cut:
1:panic, thinking that the death has come.
2: Trying to close the wound with a dirty cloth or a napkin. (ya may get an infection with all cosecuenses). Ya should desinfect the wound carefully.
3: If you got wounded, and you 've got in your body something that doesn't actually belong to it (the object you got wounded with) Don't even try to get it out by yourself. It will only help the bloodspill. Just desinfect wound sides, and swathe the wound around it. (carefull, don't hurt yourself more then necesarry). Then make sure it cannot move. Take something thick, and tie it to your wounded member.

And when the first aid is applied, you should call the ambulance.While talking to the nurse, you may get some more information about how can you help yourself (or somebody else). Don't discuss healing methods, just apply those.

(Boy's tablebook, exsmo 2002, Added, addopted and translated)

Last edited by RomiX on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
RomiX
RomiX

http://www.digger.do.am

Back to top Go down

Basic first aid Empty Re: Basic first aid

Post  Dragon Tamer Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:48 am

Edited. This is pretty good, really. And yeah, the part about embedded objects is VERY important.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
Admin

https://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silwer Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:41 am

I just learned more about cuts and such than in my entire life before. Too many first-aid courses these days abandons cuts and other injuries, and focuses 100% on CPR.
Am I wrong to say it should be divided?

Very well made, Im certainly going to remember this.

Silwer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tamer Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 am

Another useful tip for treating smaller cuts: find a clean spider web. It sounds nuts, but at the time of the early American colonies spider-webs were used sometimes for bandages. They are strong, easy to obtain, and research has shown they have antiseptic properties.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
Admin

https://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Basic first aid Empty burns.

Post  RomiX Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Admin: Thanks maan. I'm translating on-line, so my English is going even more awfull then it was.
Sooo....

Today's theme:

BURNS

Unfortunately, each and everyone of us can get burnt; hot dishes, irons, heaters may play a bad joke with us. And not only those, but some aggresive liquids, like the ones in car batteries. Acids also burn. (checked myself - they/do)
So, what are the BURNS? Following my manual, it's "Damage of the epidermis, the upper layer of the skin". For example, ya were ironing, and burnt your finger. In that case, the pain will be quite annoying. What should you do?

1: wash the place with FREEEZING water. Be carefull, don't run the water on your burn, or ya'll hurt it even more!
2: put the yellow part of a fresh egg. (I dunno how to say that in English)
3: (I won't advice that, cuz it hurts, but...If you haven't got anything like that, get a fresh potato, cut it, and put the "cutted part" agaisnt the burn. Won't hurts that much.
4:take a used teabag, and put it on the burn (checked : helps)

WHAT SHOULD YOU NOT DO IF YOU GOT BURNT

Don't smudge any kind of oil (like the vaseline) Sun cream, and medical lipstick on it (Of course , if it doesn't say that you can apply on burns that stuff)
Nor wash it with warm or normal -temperatured water. Hurts. (tested)
Don't take a piece of ice and put it on your burn.
If there are some bubbles growing on the burned place, well don't touch those, and act more carefully applying the technichs from above

IF YOU GOT BURNT WITH AN ACID

WAsh inmediatly the damaged skin with cold water, making SUREthat no acid will drop on your healthy skin while washing it off.
If the burn is SERIOUS, swathe it with a clear and DRY napkin (DON'T SWATHE TIGHTLY!!!!) And call the doctor.

Like I said, I hope ya'll never have to apply those, and to do that my hopes won't be enough.Just be carefull.
P.S. this one should be corrected too.
P.P.S. Silwer's right. The cuts are as important as the CPR. With the only traini8ng we had, we learned all about CPR and nothing about cuts. And so, if everybody is like that, we won't die of heart stop, but of a tiny cut, in which one we got a lethal infection cuz we didn't treat it correctly.

("Boy's tablebook. eksmo 2002, Addopted, added and translated.)
RomiX
RomiX

http://www.digger.do.am

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum