InterHaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throat and Sinus

4 posters

Go down

Throat and Sinus Empty Throat and Sinus

Post  Dragon Tamer Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:12 pm

A few basic remedies for problems of the nose and throat.

Congestion: This one I got from a friend who got it from her doctor. Adult supervision required.
1. Put a tablespoon of vinegar into a small pot of water and heat it on the stove until it simmers and produces plenty of steam.
2. Lower the temperature (low flame on a gas stove) until it steams but not a whole lot.
3. Place a hand towel or dishcloth over your head like a tent and put your head over the steam. Inhale the steam through your nose. The mixture of water and vinegar will act like nasal spray or mucinex and break up the mucus, making it easier to get rid of.
4. This remedy requires some repetition, so DO NOT THROW OUT THE VINEGAR WATER WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED. Leave it in the pot on the stove (with the heat turned off, naturally) for future use until the congestion passes for at least a day.

Sore Throat: This one I've been using since I was a kid.
1. Put equal amounts of honey and lemon juice in a microwave-safe dish (Pyrex glass or ceramic recommended). Don't mix them yet. If no lemon juice is on hand, substitute tea. I personally recommend chamomile, lemon, or peppermint.
2. Heat in microwave on high for one to two minutes and mix (it will be much easier with the honey liquefied).
3. Drink hot. The liquid honey will coat sore areas, soothing pain and inhibiting bacterial activity.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
Admin

https://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Throat and Sinus Empty Sore Throat

Post  Praudhara Lalita Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Eating raw or fresh garlic can also help. The dry garlic isn't as potent but you can spread it on buttered toast and make a rather nice, if smelly, remedy. It basically chemically burns your throat so since your body is working overtime to defend you the good germs and microbes grow back before the bad ones do.

I hate this remedy and refuse to try it but it does really work.-Gargle apple cider vinegar. If you have ever tried it, or smelt it you would understand why I refuse to do so. If you have a stuffy nose or plug your nose it makes it easier but you have to gargle or swallow it. This works for everything from strep throat to merely yelling yourself hoarse.

For Sinuses I love a netti pot. It sounds funny but it is like a little wierd watering can with salt water and sometimes soothing herbs sold in little refill packets. With a cup of very warm and lightly salted water you can get almost the same effect. The technique is to pour the water in one nostril while holding your head perfectly sideways and tilted forward gently. It takes a bit of practice but eventually you will be able to pour the water in one nostril and it will come out the other. You only need about 6-8 ounces each time you do it but it will usually keep your sinuses clear for an entire day or longer.

Praudhara Lalita

Back to top Go down

Throat and Sinus Empty Re: Throat and Sinus

Post  Dragon Tamer Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

lol Yeah, I can see garlic helping with a sore throat, especially if it comes with two puncture marks.
This is good, really good. I'm glad yu showed up; you're really contributing.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
Admin

https://interhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Throat and Sinus Empty sore throat

Post  Zane Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:59 am

Yes, the Lemon and honey one i'v tried and i know it works. doesn't taste that bad either.
Zane
Zane

Back to top Go down

Post  RomiX Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am

Yeah. Garlic, Onion, Lemon, Honey.
My grand mom 's used to take 1 /5 part of lemon juice, mix it with some honey, and aDD onion there.
They say that milk helpsto heal, but it also makes you cough more, they saytruth.
Try to stay warm, as long as possible.
RomiX
RomiX

http://www.digger.do.am

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum